HandsOn Shanghai is a non-profit organization whose sole mission is to promote and support volunteerism in our communities. Established in 2004 by a small group of committed volunteers, we now have more than 25,000 volunteers participating in one of our 125 monthly events across the city, as part of our plans to expand our scale of impact, we are now looking to develop and roll-out an international student volunteer program.
To help bring this program to reality, we are now looking for two International Student Leadership Managers, one based in Pudong and one based in Puxi, who will be responsible for developing and managing student focused marketing campaigns, orientation sessions, and support the execution of projects.
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop student volunteer teams within Shanghai’s International Schools
• Develop, plan, implement, and manage regular student volunteer opportunities
• Develop and manage community partner relationships
• Impact assessment, reporting, and planning
• Providing support to other Hands On program as necessary
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Able to work in team as well as independently
• Passion and interest in working with young people
• Previous experience in training, communication or education is preferred
• Ability to multi-tasking, detail oriented and good organizational skills
• Outgoing, hardworking, and passionate about helping others.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and Power point) and reporting ability
• Previous experience volunteering with NGO is a plus
Given the nature of this position, and the need to be engaged with Shanghai’s international schools, the manager will be expected to spend a significant amount of time at relevant schools building relationships, forming clubs, and communicating with administrators, student clubs, and parents.
For persons interested in pursuing a career in the non-profit sector, this will be an excellent opportunity to learn about management of NGOs, developing, managing community programs, volunteer management and creating efficient back office processes. Successful candidate will be given a high level of responsibility and training within established international NGO.
If you feel that you fulfill the qualifications above please send resume and cover letter to jobs (@) handsonshanghai.org