The Community Program Manager works with various community organizations to identify and develop volunteer programs that promote volunteerism.
They provide direction and consultation to partners on volunteer programs needs and also provide directions and training to volunteers to support the community programs.
- Develop appropriate volunteer programs for community organizations that best utilize volunteer participations.
- Be the “expert” within the organization on the focused community service areas.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community-based organizations in the focused areas.
- Attend relevant community meetings and gatherings.
- Develop and provide project specific training for project/team leaders and volunteers.
- Develop methodologies to evaluate all aspect of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend and implement changes as appropriate.
- Support and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified volunteers.
- Work with marketing team to publicize various community projects.
- Work with program support staff to develop and oversee program budget
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Good analytical and presentation skills.
- Good organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct him/herself in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with community organizations.
- Good communication skills; demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
Education and experience
- Bachelor Degree
- Have volunteer and NGO work experience preferred