2012 HandsOn Shanghai Make a Difference Day
Walking in the Sunshine - Care for the Mentally Challenged People
Make a Difference Day campaign is celebrated each year in May to encourage people to give their time and skill to play an active role in community life by volunteering in hundreds of projects in Shanghai. Held this year from May 18th to 30th , HandsOn Shanghai will work with Sunshine Home to develop a series activities to help this group of mentally challenged young adults get more opportunities to understand their community, their society, their life, and their city.
Through these two weeks, HandsOn Shanghai will seize the moment to inspire, equip, and mobilize more than 1500 individual, student and corporate volunteers through over 75 high impact service projects with our community partners. It is a program that will have a positive impact on thousands of Shanghai residents!.
With more than 1500 volunteers needed, we are looking for individual and corporate teams to engage, To make sure our goals are met, and the maximum impact is achieve, we would like to invite you to participate.
Occurring over a one day to two-week period, corporate sponsors will be able to pre-select which day and project site they are most interested in based on their corporate interest. Each day projects in, morning and afternoon shifts, with the length of project based on the nonprofit host site’s project scope and requirements.
- Be a Make a Difference Day Sponsor
- Form a Corporate Team
In 2012, individual volunteers or volunteer groups can participate in the event of service with HandsOn Shanghai to share some ideas with volunteers from all over Shanghai.
The steps outlined below to register your event.
- Step 1 Register your or your group attending on HandsOn Shanghai website to ensure you are counted among the thousands Making A Difference. Sign up page
- Step 2 Online transfer ‘Make a Difference Day’ registration fee, 100RMB/volunteer due by 5:00PM Sunday May 13. Click for Transfer Info
- Step 3 Attending HandsOn Shanghai ‘Make a Difference’ program training to understand the whole project and personal responsibilities
- Step 4 Report on the success of your project site on HandsOn Website, Weibo, Renren, Youku channel and more.
Individual Participating Fee: 100RMB/volunteers (100RMB includes MADD registration fee, transportation from Sunshine home to project site, F&B, T-shirt, Tickets, Tools, Materials, and Insurances)
If interested in learning more, or if you have questions, please email makeadifference (@) handsonshanghai.org